We're passionate about
When it comes to picking a production facility, we have our core values to steer us:
• making the best pieces of clothing possible
• paying attention to the exclusive use of high-quality materials,
• fair working conditions.
Our manufacturers embody all we attach importance to:
kind, reliable people who are passionate about their crafts and about the people they work with.
People who share the same love for subtle designs and work-ethic like us. Who appreciate good materials and socially responsible manufacturing processes and who embrace life and enjoy sharing all that is good.
GOOD ORIGINALS – made in Germany. GOOD BASICS – made in Portugal.
All designed in Berlin.
Every piece made of best materials with experience and appreciation.
Original. Loopwheeler. Germany.
GOOD ORIGINALS is all about timeless favorites, based on original and authentic cuts.:
typical styles from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, and from the 1950s - 1980s as well as a few limited seasonal highlights.
The GOOD ORIGINALS line is where we come from. Our heritage.
Garments directly inspired by a traditional way of making textiles.
Find out more about the GOOD ORIGINALS.
The garments of the GOOD BASICS line are all made in Portugal.
With the second production site now being located in Portugal, we certainly stay true to our core values:
making the best pieces possible by paying close attention to the exclusive use of high-quality materials, sturdy workmanship,
and fair working conditions.
The GOOD BASICS line is the evolution of our heritage.
Garments made with contemporary know-how and manufacturing methods.
Find out more about the GOOD BASICS.
• our foundation, our heritage
• traditional & original
• all made on original loopwheelers
• completely made in Germany
• certified, eco-friendly, natural materials, authentic material blends
• design inspired by original styles from the 1920s through 1980s
• authentic men's and unisex clothing for today
• designed in Berlin – produced in Southern Germany
• contemporary and modern
• innovative and sustainable
• traditional and innovative production techniques
• made in Portugal
• eco-friendly and sustainable materials
• design inspired by contemporary lifestyles
• basic and modern designs for men and women
• designed in Berlin – produced in Portugal
Made with experience and passion.
At Merz b. Schwanen, all manufacturing processes are made with know-how,
honest craftsmanship, and passion.
These production processes turn every single Merz b. Schwanen garment into something truly special –
full of passion and appreciation from every woman and man involved.